Tuesday, January 24, 2012

First.

Today is the day our newest chapter began. This evening we met with the main lady from our chosen foster care agency. I spent about eight hours cleaning house before she came because I did not know where/what she would be looking at (she saw nothing but our living room). I was so excited in the days leading up to this meeting but a few hours before she was to come my excitement turned to nervousness. My stomach was full of butterflies! I don't really know why, I think it was just the unexpected. Much to my relief, she was a really nice lady. After answering some of our questions, she immediately dove into training. We will be doing private training because of our schedule, just our family and her. It went smoothly. We were able to ask any question when it arose. It felt more like a conversation than "training." We did several hours tonight. She also left us with three training sessions to do online and three training DVDs. We are planning to do these this weekend and she will be back next Tuesday evening to continue our training. I asked her how long she thought it would take before we were licensed. Her answer? "It depends on how fast/slow you want to make this but you could be done in approximately one month." REALLY? We were floored. I had no idea it was going to be that soon. I was thinking 3-6 months. I am uber-excited, hubby on the other hand is uber-nervous. 
Proverbs 16:9 says, "the heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps." My heart has led me to this place but God is definitely establishing our steps and our timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment